Re: carry spares

Subject: Re: carry spares
From: "oryoki2000" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:11:31 -0000
Tim Nielsen wrote:

>...I always keep spares in the car for all my various cables...

This reminds me of an incident on a recording trip
in Brazil. We were trying to record antbirds along a
forest trail. My companion was using a pair of
garden shears to clip back some leaves at the edge of
the trail to get a better look into the interior of
the forest.  Clip clip clip clip SNIP, and suddenly
his mic cable was hanging in two pieces!  Fortunately
we had a spare cable in the car.  Many bad words were
uttered that day.

--oryoki