Re: WAV files to Frequecy vs.Time Plot?

Subject: Re: WAV files to Frequecy vs.Time Plot?
From: "nbioacoustics" <>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 02:16:36 -0000
Hey Tim,

Yes, this is running it through the MS filter. I have the gain ranges
set to the same for both mics, that's why I'm confused about why the
sound is softer when I'm in the middle...

As for batteries, I found an even better deal at www.keybattery.com,
only $34 per battery and free shipping if you spend >$55. I AM
contributing!!!

Raven, yes, I would like that, but it isn't free. I just downloaded
Audacity, which was useful, but what I really want is to convert the
WAV files into TXT files so that I can plot the spectrograms myself
and do some data analysis in Matlab. Any idea how I can jsut get the
numbers?

I'll def share some of my recordings, if I manage to get any :(  I'm a
bit freaked by the whole thing since I don't understand how on EARTH
i'm supposed to pick up the sounds of insects like ants. Do you think
I'll be able to? Do you know Bernie Krause? He got me on to this
stuff. He records for movies etc. too. Your work sounds like his. I
bet you could ask him about jobs he's heard of in bioacoustics.  Also,
he has TONS of sounds, including rainforest sounds, which I'm sure you
could buy from him and which are likely excellent!

The idea of my project is to use this bioacoustical data and somehow
quantify (roughly) the level of animal (insect+bird+rodents) that are
out there, and compare recordings I plan on making at 3 different
sites, which are very different in terms of their vegetation
diversity, which should be related to the animal diversity.  Might be
a long shot, but could be fun!

Natalie :)

> the gain range set differently for the inputs, e
ach can be set to=20
> either high or low.
>
> But if the channels are linked, they should be close.
>
> In case you need batteries for your 722, here's a very good d

eal on=20