Re: M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96 update

Subject: Re: M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96 update
From: Jonathan Abrams <>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:38:21 -0400
As I type this, Pro Tools will not work with a file larger than 2GB.
Plus, if you are recording two (2) channels (MicroTrack max?) at 48kHz
sampling, 16 bits deep, then a 2GB CF is the equivalent of a 124 minute DAT.

I think that at some point you have to consider a second CF card.  For
me, that point is if I need more than 2GB.  Having only worked with
these CF recorders starting 2 months ago (PMD-660), I need to know that
the recorder, the CF, and the interaction between both is reliable
before I would consider sinking all of my remote eggs in a single CF.  I
think it is analogous (pun intended) to using a longer tape, with the
trade-off that the tape is thinner.

-Jonathan