Re: Re: draft procedure for amateur recording in parks, v. 2

Subject: Re: Re: draft procedure for amateur recording in parks, v. 2
From: Lou Judson <>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:04:42 -0700
I don't think our ornery chipmunk would like that! In an environment
where documenting nature sounds is the objectibvem, this would be like
blowing a car horn... It would be an effective calibration, but quite
distruptive to the creatures and humans around.

  I think slating the recording with nromal speaking voice, and setting
its playback, is the best unobtrusive way - but understand Dan's
concern for accurate calibration. No solution, just a response.

<L>