Re: Equipment advice please

Subject: Re: Equipment advice please
From: Syd Curtis <>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 05:38:28 +1000
Thanks Martyn,

        I passed your message on thus:

"This little chap is good for the price," says Martyn.  So I would hope tha=
it is more reasonable than the 722.  But I don't know what the price is
likely to be.   And  additionally you would need a microphone  ... which is
likely to be the case with most recorders.

I've attached the blurb from the net site Martyn gives.  I haven't listened
to his sounds.  Not much point in my doing so because of my hearing
impairment, and in any case it's certain to be OK for what you have in mind=
.

If you want to follow up on this locally, I find Musiclab (34 Campbell St.,
Bowen Hills) to be very helpful in sound recording and processing matters.
Phone 3332 8188.

I like Bernie's idea of doing a proper job of it, but as I am pointing out
to Bernie, a 722 is probably not on:

    "Unfortunately, it is unlikely that they will be able to follow up on
it.  The avifauna is just one aspect of the biodiversity they are seeking t=
demonstrate.  The plants, and especially the trees and shrubs occupy most o=
their efforts.  And they probably can't  really justify spending $4000 plus
of the Society's funds on recording equipment just to document the birds
that are present.'

All the best

Syd