Re: Sennheiser MKH capsule design

Subject: Re: Sennheiser MKH capsule design
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:16:03 -0400

> Neumann provides an interesting overview on microphones that is available
> for free download on their website:
>
> http://www.neumann.com/infopool/general/welcome.php
>
> It is the first PDF download on the "Documents" page:
> Book "Microphones", Bore/Peus, English, 78 pages (920 KB)

I had that in my growing collecton of info. Whenever I go to one of
these sites I always go through it for useful downloadable info.
Sometimes having to just grab the html to get it. Over time you can
build a good reference library.

That documents area has a bunch of other stuff folks may find interesting.

> The principle of (electrically switchable) multi-pattern microphones is
> explained on page 37. I guess that the MKH 80(0) also employs that mechan=
ism
> (except of its RF operation instead of the 60V DC polarization show here)=
.

Until it's confirmed by something from Sennheiser I'm going to leave it
open, but you are probably right.