RE: recording owl vocalizations

Subject: RE: recording owl vocalizations
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:05:38 -0700
The mini disk should fit the bill alright and you would certainly be able to
upload your recordings to your computer and software.
If your budget is tight, consider the K6/ME66 combination made by
Sennheiser.
The ME66 would be a better mic for the long distant calls but you will not
be able to record them in stereo unless you use two mics. A stereo recording
will help you separate the calls much better in an analyzing program. To
start off with though, your choice would be a fair combination of mic and
minidisk. At least with the K6 power supply that you need with the ME66, you
can buy the cardioid version (ME64) and this too will run with the K6.

Martyn

Martyn Stewart
Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:
http://www.naturesound.org

N47.65543   W121.98428
Redmond. Washington. USA
Make every Garden a wildlife Habitat!