Re: Bear witness

Subject: Re: Bear witness
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:41:28 -0000
Although my post was intended to inspire and give charge only, I will
make a comment.

You pick the species you can help, the method, the policy or just the
location. But the time is now.

The MN Northern Cricket Frog is neither "accidental" or "occasional"
to MN.  It is a breeding species that needs state protection.

The waiting list has become a dead list for federal endangered species
protection.  State protection is the only protection that can be
currently expected.

For the current situation on the Bush record for federal endangered
species protection you can start here.
http://www.nrdc.org/bushrecord/wildlife_species.asp

The tools to protect an eco-system rather than a specific species are
more important and more scary as we never have had a good evaluation
and implementation technique for federal protection of areas. For that
you have to look more broadly at what has occured in just the last 5
years.
Link starts at 2001
http://www.nrdc.org/bushrecord/2001.asp

Conservation is a root and core of a conservative agenda.
The last conservation oriented president in the US was Nixon.

Rich
I will just leave it at that as it is to personal of an issue for me.