Re: mp3 surround

Subject: Re: mp3 surround
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:43:11 -0000
I have that capability with Audition 1.5 but it takes a little time to
putz with it before you are comfortable.  At least it actually works
in this version and did not work right in Cooledit Pro.

You need to setup the 6 files in proper order FL,FR,C,Lfe,LS,RS in the
multi-track mode. Then use the Surround Encoder found in "view" menu
pull down (crazy place to have put it). Do the surround pans for each
file in proper order and "export" to 6 channel interleaved .wav.

The Surround encoder in Audition has options for export to 6 mono
.wav, 1 interleaved 6 channel .wav or 1 interleaved 6 channel .wma
file.  In .wma it supports various amounts of compression at Constant
bitrate, Variable bitrate, or uncompressed.

I had mixed the rear files at the same volume as the Fronts before
.mp3 and had the center dropped in volume some so as to not get in the
way.

I will let you know if I find another application for encode of 6
channel wave files that costs less or is "apple compatible" (although
that may now be an impossible term to use)

Rich