Re: Re: Windshields: rycote vs sennheiser?

Subject: Re: Re: Windshields: rycote vs sennheiser?
From: Mark Griswold <>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 22:14:34 -0700
> The Rycote and Sennheiser weigh about the same, possably the
> Sennheiser is slightly heavier.

I concur with the "sennheiser is beefier" assessment.

PSC makes a "universal shockmount" retrofit that I prefer to the
original rycote mount (I haven't used the "new, improved" rycote
mount). It may be worth taking a look at.

http://www.trewaudio.com/catalog/items/item104.htm

> The suspensions are made primarily for end-address mics. Side address
> will work fine in them, no problem as to supporting the mic. The
> problem arises in the handle, which is not designed for holding the
> setup vertical.

if you get the zeppelin with the "boom adaptor" instead of the grip
handle, and
if you get a 1/4" to 3/8" threaded adaptor, you could use a camera
tripod to mount the whole thing vertically.

actually, you may be able to do this with the grip handle, since it has
a threaded hole on the bottom.

hope that helps,

Mark