Marantz PMD's

Subject: Marantz PMD's
From: "spirit6204" <>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 18:38:07 -0000
Greetings,

I am a new kid here and a kindergartener at nature recording doing
some equipment research. Two of the professional practitioners that I
was in contact with prior to this forum use the Marantz PMD 650. I
have not been able to locate a 650, but did find a source for a like
new 680.

Is there an "ear" in the group who could explain the significant
differences, if any, for field application between the PMD 650 and 680?
I would like to use the best tackle for my non-commercial interests
and entry-level expertise that is within budget. As a beginner, would
you recommend that perhaps I may be better off to use an analog unit
such as the Sony TCM-5000EV to start my learning curve with before
going digital? Any comments would be most appreciated. Thank you for
your considerations.

Best regards,

John J. Weber
Waukau, Wisconsin