hello from san francisco...

Subject: hello from san francisco...
From: "seven leon" <>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 03:53:47 -0000
hello, all. i was asked in my "welcome" email to post a bit of an
introduction, so here goes...

i'm a 29 year old san francisco resident, and have been making music
in one form or another for about 15 years. my main interest in this
group is to learn more about field recording techniques and equiptment
for use in music compostion. i've recorded solo electronic music for
years, and have done quite a bit of (admitted lo-fi) field recording
with varying results.

i've recently reconnected with my water-based upbringing (beaches and
boats in florida and the southern U.S.) and have been brainstorming
ideas for underwater (and other) recording for an album i'm working
on, so that's my main focus currently... any and all that may have
advice or would liek to communicate about this, please don't hestitae
to contact me offlist...

i generally make what can be described as "difficult" music, varying
stylistically but always trying to make new, interesting compositions.
alot of my music would be considered "techno" but to alot of people it
would just be "noise"...

i also work with a san francisco based group of like minded musicians,
artists and political and enviornmental activists. we engage in alot
of teaching, workshops, and organizing events for the community.

(links below...)

i'm looking forward to learning new things to broaden my auditory
horizons in this group...

aight, then.

.brandon taylor.
http://www.5lowershop.org