Mics now? Re: preamps

Subject: Mics now? Re: preamps
From: Debbi B <>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:03:03 -0700
That discussion helped to clear things up, so to speak--thanks to all.

Maybe what I need most is another mic. I'm finally getting to the point of=

being able to distinguish  disturbing (to use Klas' description) noise in
my quiet recordings, made even more noticeable by the preamp test .mov.

Rob, when I opened the spreadsheet (instead of saving it), it was blank.

I've read the posts about the various stereo mics. At this point, I still
don't think I'm ready to get a parabolic set up, because I want to keep
things as simple and small as possible (thus wanting a stereo mic rather
than deal with two mics). The NT4 sounds like it's not too good in humid
conditions, at least not as good as my ECM.
I can decipher a little of the mic specs, but if they're presented
differently I have trouble comparing.

How does the EM-23 or Telinga Stereo DAT mic without parabola compare to
the other stereo mics that folks have mentioned, used with my MDs?