FEL Stereo Preamplifier

Subject: FEL Stereo Preamplifier
From: "Marco Pesente" <>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 03:03:16 +0200
Recently I bought a FEL 3.5 Series Model SJ Stereo Preamplifier.
I've an Edirol R1 CF recorder, a Telinga DAT Science mic, a Telinga EM-23 P=
lug in Power Mic.
I tried to test these mics but, with my surprise, the FEL Preamplifier cann=
ot drive a plug in power microphone, because the plug in power of the recor=
der is only sufficient to operate a preamp or a mic - not both.
Also, the preamp is designed only for use with low level sources, so it's n=
o suitable for Telinga DAT mic Science, because of the distortion caused by=
 the extra 20 dB of amplification.
So, I could not hear any better quality.
I'm sure FEL 3.5 PIP is a good tool (compact in disegn and very vell made) =
for no PIP mics and for use with low level sources.

Marco Pesente

"Microphones are not ears,
Loudspeakers are not birds,
A listening room is not nature."