Re: Marantz 671

Subject: Re: Marantz 671
From: Lang Elliott <>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:47:12 -0400
RE: Marantz 671

Here is what Oade has to say at this point:

Hi!
They have improved the mic preamp but not by much. We have yet to
measure it but suspect it should be closer to 70dB SN ration, not 65 as
it is a bit more quiet than the 670. The initial specs may be a cut and
paster error by marantz and therefore all their dealers. The owners
manual shows better specs for DR and SN on the line input but the same
65 dB on mic in.
 Doug plans on doing some sound samples of the FR-2, PMD660 and PMD671
all both stock and with modifications that he will post for download on
our site. His target date is mid May for completion. At that time, you
will have a chance to hear what they will do for yourself. The FR-2 with
MODs is very nice and may be your best bet for very good sound at a
reasonable price, 1600.00 with the MOD. We have a number of these in the
filed at this time but until he catches up with his backlog, he will not
have time to do the sample files.
--
Thank you for your interest.
We are factory authorized for all product we sell.

Sincerely,
The Oade Brothers Audio Sales Team.