Re: Wood Frog

Subject: Re: Wood Frog
From: Lang Elliott <>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 20:11:55 -0400
To John and All:

What I need most are recordings of the Columbia Spotted Frog, Rana
luteiventris, and also the Oregon Spotted Frog, Rana pretiosa.

Anybody out there got 'em?

Lang

Hi Lang
In the southern Northwest Territories (just above the 60th parallel) The
following  amphibians are listed in Wood Buffalo National Park. This is the
park where the Whooping Cranes breed.
Frog, chorus, Pseudacris triseriata
Frog leopard, Rana pipiens
Frog, wood ,Rana sylvatica
Toad, Canadian, Bufo hemiophrys

I have recorded three of them but couldn't find the Leopard frog.

At the beginning of the dempster on the 64th parallel, Chorus frogs were
rare but I did record Wood frogs all the way north across the Arctic circle
to the Mackenzie Delta. They were calling in Inuvik.
John

Lang wrote

What Ranids do you have up there other than Wood Frogs? Recorded any?

John:wrote
I'm amazed the Wood Frog's territory is.  Last May and June , when we
travelled up the Dempster Highway to the Mackenzie Delta on the Arctic Ocea=
, they were with us and calling all the way.

"Microphones are not ears,
Loudspeakers are not birds,
A listening room is not nature."
Klas Strandberg