Re: nature recording while bike touring

Subject: Re: nature recording while bike touring
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:15:10 -0000

--- In  "John Hartog"
<> wrote:

> Coincidentally, last week Don Kroodsma and Walt both mentioned bike
touring while
> I was repairing my panniers and getting ready for a five day bike
tour of central
> Oregon with four bike enthusiast spring-breaking college student
friends of mine.

For biking try putting those 183's into a hat mic.
http://home.comcast.net/~richpeet/hatmic1.jpg
I am not at a sound computer right now so can not comment on the
sounds but thanks for posting.  I will catch up on that shortly.

My home chores are now done and all that went very well although long
and hard.  Thanks for all the support from all of you.  So today I am
finishing the final touches on the cube mic and will be out recording
hard for the next few weeks.  All that people have requested of me in
the last few months will now start to get worked on and I didn't
forget any of you.  Thanks all and which way did that bird go?

Rich Peet