Re: Your favourite recording locations in California

Subject: Re: Your favourite recording locations in California
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:02:30 -0500
From: "Volker Widmann" <>

> Hi!
>
> I'll be on an field trip to California for four weeks from the end of April
> to the end of May.

If you should happen to spot someone who looks kind of like this:
http://frogrecordist.home.mindspring.com/Walt.jpg

And is driving a white 2000 Ford Ranger 4X4 with a white canopy, a Thule
box and Georgia plates. Something like this, though that's my older 2wd
Ranger which is not as tall:
http://wwknapp.home.mindspring.com/tall.tripod.2.jpg

It might be me. I expect to hit Bernie's area last week of April, and
will be working north to the Seattle area over the next couple weeks.
Part of a much longer trip.

I like California 1 up the coast from SF, but have not been up it in a
while. I've probably been to every redwood grove there is, and most
sequoia too. I've been into that area off and on since the 50's. I won't
be doing a lot in the Sierras because of snow. And I'm more interested
in recording/photographing frogs than birds. Though nothing is safe from
me. Also planning to give surf recording a try, probably in southern Oregon.

I'm like you, don't expect to find me in towns much. I've GPS map
navigation and no road is too small. Note I won't be just doing sound,
photography is also something I do.