PMD 660 Mic

Subject: PMD 660 Mic
From: "My Name" <>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:55:20 -0000
I have a long standing interest in recording natural sounds, but I
have yet do act on that interest, until now. I had the need to buy a
decent quality digitial recorder for work purposes (recording
individual and group interviews) so I bought the PMD 660. Nice
machine so far, just testing out battery life, etc...

I am trying to buy a dual purpose mic: one that can work for group
interview recordings (omnidirectional) and that might also work to
record natural sounds as I travel. The Seinheisser K6 with the
various modlues available seems like one option, but I am looking for
advice from those might know if a dual purpose mic is a possibility?