RE: 722 Sound Devices

Subject: RE: 722 Sound Devices
From: "Brian Dasilva" <>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:06:53 -0800
The 660 (I bought one) is yet another gateway device... not really ready for
prime time... Buy the recorder... buy some memory...(it IS picky) worry
about the mic preamps... Run an mp2??? Get Oade to mod the frontend??? (only
if you buy it from him in the first place)
oh dear... The 722 is the real deal from what I've seen. Do you see much
gear from Sound Devices that is bad?  Slut ran a matrix of a Radiators Show
last weekend on a 744 and I fell in love. If I had all the money I've spent
trying to do it on the cheap... I could have bought better gear from the
getgo. (Didn't sombody just say that?)
 OK the PMD-660 is not awful... Its small and has meters and a long battery
life... Little things like a pre-record buffer... and there is no problem
getting the data off so you can see/edit it.  Let me play for a bit and I'll
tell everybody what I think.