Clamp Filters & Sony Hi MD

Subject: Clamp Filters & Sony Hi MD
From: "Bowden, Bruce A., M.D." <>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:36:12 -0800
Could someone tell me a little more about "clamp filters" ?  What do
they do and when do you need them?  The group convinced me to stopping
waiting for Sharp to do a Hi MD and so I bought a Sony NHF 800.  Anyway
included in the packaging were several of these clamp filters that were
preinstalled on the cords and some loose for use.  The instructions were
minimal but indicated that they were not needed unless the minidisc
recorder was connected to a computer.  So I don't need them between a
mic and the MD recorder?....Sony's  instructions mention one connected
to a stereo mic ??.........and do I only need them if I use one of the
new 1 GB style minidisc?  What about if I am using a regular 80 minute
minidisc formatted in the Hi MD format?  Thanks !

bruce bowden

Confidentiality Notice
This message is intended only for the individual and entity to whom it is a=
ddressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and=
 exempt from disclosure under state and federal laws.  If you are not the a=
ddressee, or are not authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you =
are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, distribute, or disclose to =
anyone this message or the information contained herein.  If you have recei=
ved this message in error, immediately advise the sender by reply email and=
 destroy this message.