Re: intro with project questions (long)

Subject: Re: intro with project questions (long)
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:42:23 -0500
From: Dan Dugan <>

> I've had good and bad luck with buying MDs on eBay. One was great.
> One was DOA and the seller took it back. One failed a week later and
> became a playback-only machine.

Ebay has been very good for me. I've only bought one MD off ebay and
that was some time ago. It still runs fine. My feedback (100% positive)
is over 700, so I've bought lots of things off ebay over the years. Yes,
I too have, on rare occasions, bought things that when they arrived were
not what I thought they were, entirely my fault. But, I'm way, way ahead
of the game in ebay savings.

Ebay is also a place where you must do your homework. You must hunt up
elsewhere what's a good price, what the thing you are considering does.
It's not the fault of the sellor or ebay if you don't do your homework.
I'm right now looking for a few things to go with my new digital. And
watching a auction for a flash unit that's already being bid above the
mail order price from a dozen or more places, and still 3 days to go on
it. Needless to say I won't be bidding on that. The two newby's to ebay
will probably keep right on bidding back and forth to the end. Amazing
how many people must think the price of new goods is the manufacturer's
list price. If you use ebay, use it with thought. I've averaged half the
price I can get things anywhere else by carefully using ebay. It's one
of the ways I can appear much richer than I am. I'm not rich so I ebay.