Re: Nature recording 101

Subject: Re: Nature recording 101
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:54:46 -0500
From: "Jim Morgan" <>

> I think we are getting a little giddy with spring approaching.

Cabin fever is best cured by getting out of the cabin, you can do that
anytime of the year.

The frogs are happily doing their thing here. I made a long foray a few
days ago, for gopher frogs. Unfortunately the sand pit was in all night
operation, sigh! I really need some time to hunt up more gopher frogs,
but that's going to be as tough as the brimley's. Next long foray will
be to go check out the brimleys.

> Today I will try for some recordings of Eurasion Collard-Doves, Streptope=
lia decaocto http://natureali.org/collareddove.htm . This is an introduced =
species, smart. aggressive and loves people and they don't bode well for th=
e native doves.

Wish I had time to record, I'm taking time I don't have each time I go
out. Today O-rings met some plastic for the first time and some ABS
sheet get's cut to size. And I try and pacify a printer who's got
strange ideas about printable pictures so that a book can be published.
And chase a new gremlin brought to me by the expert unix folks at Apple.
And work with a USB based disk drive that has things on it I need,
that's like watching grass grow.

And find time to start making up the mapfiles and filling memory cards
for the GPS for the trip. One of the nice things is once out on a foray
I can ignore all the rest. Very relaxing. Even the planning is relaxing.

And that's just today.