Re: BellBird

Subject: Re: BellBird
From: Rudy Trubitt <>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:35:30 -0800
I can't promise a chorus at 4am, but I got some nice bellbird
recordings on the West Coast of the south island of NZ at the hapuka
nature reserve, which is a beautiful loop trail with a raised boardwalk
through a marshy area. If memory serves, it is near Haast. I can find
the details before your trip.

The bellbird is an amazing sounding bird. There is a prominant one in
one of the lord of the rings film, when the elves are marching sadly
through the forest on their way out of middle earth.

Rudy