Re: man-made noise affecting birdsong

Subject: Re: man-made noise affecting birdsong
From: antonio celis <>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:22:28 -0600 (CST)
Hi Vicki, I recomend you to do an extensive search at
least in the following web sites:

1. SORA webpage (Searchable Ornithological Research
Archive): http://elibrary.unm.edu/sora/

2. Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/

These two websites have most of the scientific papers
that are already in digital version (on the web). SORA
is an ornithology-specific website and Google is
basically for any kind of scientific issues. Just try
in SORA the words "noise effects" or any other words
and you will find lots of good scientific papers.

I hope that this information helps you...

Bye

 --- Vicki Powys <> escribi=F3:

We are looking for scientific papers relating to
man-made noise and its
effect on birds, birdsong, and wildlife in general.
We hear there is one
study in Europe where noise from a freeway interfered
with bird song which
in turn resulted in the abandonment of an area within
the noise corridor as
breeding habitat.

Does anyone have a reference for this paper?  Or
anything similar?

many thanks,

Vicki Powys
Capertee Valley NSW