Re: freq response and aliasing of Edirol FA-101 (and FR-2) at 192 =

Subject: Re: freq response and aliasing of Edirol FA-101 (and FR-2) at 192 =
From: Rudy Trubitt <>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:38:16 -0800
kHz

I agree that a variable low-pass makes more sense when the A/D can work
at a multiple frequencies. My comments about the use of fixed filters
came from a couple of conversations with designers at AES this year; my
impression was that the practice is not uncommon.

Can you explain how an over-sampling A/D works into this equation? Does
it reduce the burden on the analog low-pass filter?

I've sent my Fostex contact a note to confirm the behavior (fixed vs.
variable) of the analog low-pass filter in the FR-2.

Rudy