Re: Re: 8GB flash cards and Moyers speech on environment

Subject: Re: Re: 8GB flash cards and Moyers speech on environment
From: Aaron Ximm <>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:14:41 -0800 (PST)
David wrote:

> I wonder if data transfer from the card to the computer would be faster
> with an Ultra card than a standard card, particularly  if one used a USB
> 2.0 compatible card reader.   I suspect that the data transfer from the

I see a 100%+ variation in speed between various flavors of CF cards using
a Firewire (400 I think) reader. I'd have to look at various card/capacity
pairings I have to quantify the difference, I can't recall if the Ultra
cards in particular are faster. I have normal, Ultra, Ultra II (sandisk
branding?), and I think some other flavor of "high speed" or Nx speed
branded flash...

I'll try to remember to time it by card type during my next set of
transfers.

 aaron

  http://www.quietamerican.org