sage grouse status

Subject: sage grouse status
From: "ladyraven_69" <>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 22:12:53 -0000
Hi all,
I thought that folks might be interested to learn that the sage grouse has =
been denied
threatened status and that the lands that it inhabits will be opened up for=
 drilling, gas
exploration etc.

I'm wondering how increased land usage will impact populations and recordin=
opportunities.  My understanding is that the population has decrease quite =
dramatically.  I
know that we have a small population on a particular island in a local lake=
, Utah area, that
has had its population decimated because of foxes and other predators that =
were not
native to this particular island.

The following are links to two sage grouse status stories.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~2639300,00.html

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=3D/news/archive/2005/01/07/
state1032EST7470.DTL

FYI, I am only online when I am at my place of employment and will be back =
online next
Monday.

regards,
Raven Simons