Re: Hydrophone for sale

Subject: Re: Hydrophone for sale
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:59:47 -0500
From: Wild Sanctuary <>

> Greetings fellas and gals,
>
> A friend of mine, Nate Napierala,  is selling a
> Cetatcean Research Tech C13 hydrophone that is one year old and in
> perfect condition with a 10m (33 ft) cable. Paid $450.00 asking
> $375.00. Contact him directly and off-list (address above) if
> interested.
>
> Bernie Krause

Bernie:

Have you used this model hydrophone? If so, what's your opinion on using
it in shallow fresh water. I checked Cetacean Research, but there is not
a whole lot of info there. I'm wondering about what sort of interface it
would take to run it with the HHb. Appears not to need a battery, and
has a BNC connector if it's not been modified. I have no problem dealing
with the BNC.