Re: First audio recordings (samples posted). Also, trials and trib=

Subject: Re: First audio recordings (samples posted). Also, trials and trib=
From: "John Piekos" <>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:37:59 -0400
ulations of a novice, getting to this point

Dan and everyone,

Thanks for the comments.

You stated that "There's bad noise on the right channel, like a
motor running. Sounds like it might be a ground connection problem
either in the recording or the transfer."    Any suggestions on
how I can diagnose this?  I'm guessing I should record something
in a very quiet room (my voice?) and transfer it?  Though that might
still yield the noise and would not help me figuring it out....

> I hope what you got was a preamp, not just a power box. What model?

Aside from the Sony MD Walkman, MZ-S1, heres the rest
of my equipment.  Note that the battery that I could not find at
Radio Shack is a mini-9V, shorter than the standard mini-9V.

    AUDIO TECHNICA - MONO/STEREO SUBMINIATURE
    OMNIDIRECTIONAL MICROPHONE WITH 1/8" MINIPLUG OUTPUT

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?item=3DMT830-SP=
&type=3Dstore&template=3Dreviews

    Slimline Battery Module, with Level control option
    http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-SPSB-1

    Mini- 9V battery

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?category=3Dsear=
ch&item=3DSP-MINI-9V&type=3Dstore