Re: Sennheiser Digital Wireless

Subject: Re: Sennheiser Digital Wireless
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 09:20:01 -0400
From: Dan Dugan <>
> Subject: Re: Digest Number 1421
>

>>Since there is some interest and Sennheiser seems to have dropped the
>>info from their site I've put the pdf owners manual up:
>>http://naturerecordist.home.mindspring.com/digital1000Manual.pdf
>

> Maybe they had a patent problem or something. I'm very interested in
> hearing your report of how they sound--how quiet is the mic preamp,
> overall fidelity of the A/D-D/A. Could you A/B them with straight
> wire for us?

The technology came from X-wave, who handed all their audio stuff to
Sennheiser as far as I can tell. That occurred at least 4 years ago.
X-wave is in that huge crowd of companies working the computer wireless
field now. I don't think they are interested in audio anymore. The
original X-wave wireless seems to have primarily interested the guitar
folks, it was a 20bit transmission instead of 16bit.

I'll see what I can do about running a recording or two. I really should
get them set up, I've had them for a while.