More Sharp 580 "noise"-files (was: Aliasing/noise problems with ne=

Subject: More Sharp 580 "noise"-files (was: Aliasing/noise problems with ne=
From: "digidandy" <>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 16:29:33 -0000
wer Sharp MDs?

--- In  Dan Dugan <> wrote:
> At 7:21 AM +0000 5/5/04, digidandy wrote:
> >Using a Sony ECM-MS957S, btw.
>
> That's a rather noisy mike, maybe that's what you're hearing!

Any suggestions for a not-so-noisey mic (that=B4s not too expensive)?

Anyways, as promised, here are a couple of more samples - this time with th=
=3D=0D
e microphone
turned on. First one is recorded at level L19, the other at L30. I notice t=
=3D=0D
here=B4s a small
spike at about 10Khz, but as it disappears after a short while during both =
=3D=0D
recordings I=B4m
thinking it must/could be the backlight of the remote...which turns itself =
=3D=0D
off automatically
after a short while. I=B4ve noticed this backlight emits a high frequency s=
ou=3D=0D
nd when I
connect my headphones to the remote.

Sounds: