Re: Databasing... [Logic OT]

Subject: Re: Databasing... [Logic OT]
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 07:48:48 -0600
At 12:43 PM +0100 4/1/04, Geoff Sample wrote:
>  'turn the midi stuff
>off', is there another way of dealing with this?

Not that I know. Logic Express might have most of what you need if
surround is not needed.

>a way of exporting the list of files used in a 'song',
>which would be useful.

There may be a quicker way but this should work: Select all the
regions in your song in the Arrange window. In the audio window,
select "select others" and delete them. Collapse regions in the audio
window display to see the file titles of the remaining files. Select
them and copy them to another folder.

>I'm just getting used to OSX on a new Powerbook before taking the plunge
>with Logic. But looking forward to having a mobile production base.

"Base" is the right term.  Even for 24 bit 2 channel ecording with
the Echo I/O card-- having to keep the lid open keeps me stationary.
Hiking around and starting instantly requires a very awkward
arrangement. SleepLess 1.5 defeats the closed lid shut down but it
still needs ventillation. I'm waitingto look at the Sound Devices
products before making more investment in tibook field recording. For
car battery base set-ups, being able to saturate a bunch of channels
at 24bits witrh studio quality a-d is definitely worth the trouble
when conditions are right. Rpb D.