RE: login problems

Subject: RE: login problems
From: "Barb Beck" <>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 13:53:55 -0600
Just use your yahoo id (that is not a yahoo mailing address but the an id
you got from yahoo) and the password you used when you got that id.  That i=
the id you used to sign up on the mailing list and what allows you to
identify yourself to use the files and access the web page.

If you did sign yourself up for the list but had the moderator do it withou=
using a yahoo id you cannot access these things, you cannot change your
settings etc etc. Yahoo must rely on these id and password combinations to
keep malicious users off the web pages and from changing email settings at
random in a group.  We use those ids for our protection. That is why you
cannot change any email settings without it, and why you cannot access the
photos and file sections.

To get an id is very simple.

Go to the naturerecordist page

On the blue bar toward the top there is a yellow piece with JOIN this Group

(yes I know you are already a member but this gets you to the proper page)

there is a link on the left to get a yahoo id.

REMEMBER THE ID AND PASSWORD - write it down someplace safe and put it on
your computer in a disguised form (do not say yahoo id - blab and password =
-
12345.
That part is simple.

The second part is getting you on under your id.  You are on but yahoo does
not recognize you as that.  I never sign up anybody myself  on any of my
lists so do not know if you can handle it all from your end.

You can join the list at this point but YOU MAY BE GETTING TWO MESSAGES for
each one sent which in your case does not sound like something you want to
do.  If that is the case just send Doug a message and have him remove the
subscription without the yahoo id from the list.

Barb Beck
Edmonton