Re: Siberia

Subject: Re: Siberia
From: Wild Sanctuary <>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:33:20 -0700
If nothing else works Martyn, Walt, Lang and I can accredit you,
Magnus. what kind of degree would you like?

But seriously, if you prepare your documentation correctly and
officially, using what's called a "carnet (a detailed document
certified by the respective consulate)," you shouldn't have any
problem unless the folks at the other end are in a hassling mood (and
which occasionally happens).

To avoid that whole scene, I usually just go as a tourist (as opposed
to a writer, photographer, recordist) and tell them that some like to
take pictures, some like to record. Sometimes that flies, but make
sure that you've got documentation of everything you've taken out of
the country written in English and the language of the country you
want to explore.

Bernie

--

Wild Sanctuary, Inc.