RE: Introduction

Subject: RE: Introduction
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:37:53 +0100 (MET)
Hi Martyn,

Sure, it's not the best solution. One drawback is that the mic cable hangs
in front of the reflector and therefore it may generate noise when it touch=
es
the dish. Your Telinga with integrated microphone would be of course better=
.

Goshawks are very common here in Berlin. A recent survey reported over 60
pairs breeding in the city. They even breed in small parks and cemeteries.
However, I don't know of any specialized on feeders.

Raimund

> [...]
>
>=20
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> This morning try tried my ME66 in conjunction with the Telinga Universal
> for
> recording Goshwak (Accipiter gentilis) calls. As far as I can tell, it
> works
> fine. Here is a short sequence of these recordings:
>
> http://www.avisoft-saslab.com/sounds/hab.wav (291 k download)
> http://www.avisoft-saslab.com/sounds/hab.gif (spectrogram)
>
> The low-frequency noise originates from a nearby road.
>
> I took a quick photo that shows the unusual setup:
> http://www.avisoft-saslab.com/sounds/ME66Telinga.jpg
>
> Raimund
>

> > Jeff wrote:
> >
> > > I'd certainly be interested in what you discover from this!  Glad you
> > > shared!

> > that
> > is
> >
> > Hi Jeff,
> >
> > Ok, I will let you know the outcome of my trials. Currently it's still
> > snowing here in Berlin, Germany. So I have to wait...
> >
> > I have a Telinga Universal that allows to insert the shotgun microphone
> > from
> > the other (front) side. Though, it would be necessary to cut an
> additional
> > hole into the zeppelin foam.
> >
> > If it works satisfying, that would be an easy way to switch from normal
> > shotgun operation to the parabolic setup very quickly (and would save
> the
> > costs
> > and weight for an additional omnidirectional mic).
> >
> > There is another point that makes me optimistic. The Telinga Universal
> is
> > prepared for an outward-facing mic. Now, the mic would have an
> > inward-facing
> > orientation that might be even better.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Raimund
> >
> > --
> > GMX ProMail (250 MB Mailbox, 50 FreeSMS, Virenschutz, 2,99 EUR/Monat...=
)
> > jetzt 3 Monate GRATIS + 3x DER SPIEGEL +++ http://www.gmx.net/derspiege=
> > +++
> >

> > "Microphones are not ears,
> > Loudspeakers are not birds,
> > A listening room is not nature."
> > Klas Strandberg
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> >=20
> >

> --
> GMX ProMail (250 MB Mailbox, 50 FreeSMS, Virenschutz, 2,99 EUR/Monat...)
> jetzt 3 Monate GRATIS + 3x DER SPIEGEL +++ http://www.gmx.net/derspiegel
> +++
>

> "Microphones are not ears,
> Loudspeakers are not birds,
> A listening room is not nature."
> Klas Strandberg
>

>   _____=20
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> *     To visit your group on the web, go to:
>=20=20
> *     To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

e>

+