Solid state recording

Subject: Solid state recording
From: "Roger C Boughton" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:49:44 -0000
Dear all,

Re use of compact flash cards.

I've been using a 1Gig Sandisk Ultra 1 in my lovely little Nagra P2 now for=
 a couple of months. At 16/48, thats the best it does, this card will give =
me a maximum record time of 1hr 27min 51sec. The machine is formatted at th=
e moment for FAT16 so 2Gig would be the maximum. Nagra will go over to FAT3=
2 once larger cards become more reasonably available, the 4Gig Sandisc cost=
s nearly =A31000 in th UK.

By the way the preamps on this machine are very good, by my earsequivalent =
to my old 4.2,  the V's are better though.

Roger C Boughton