Re: Georgia Nightlife

Subject: Re: Georgia Nightlife
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:51:19 -0500
From: Lang Elliott <>

> Walt:
>
> The background frog sounds sort of like a River Frog snore. Would that be
> possible?

It is within the edge of their range, though they have not been reported
in that county. I noted several places that I'll check later in the
season that looked like their sort of place. River Frogs don't normally
get going until late April or so, more late spring and summer frogs.

I did think about that when I heard it. But the call was not deep enough
or long enough. And constructed different. A River Frog will have the
uninitiated scampering up a tree when it calls, that deep voiced big
thing with large teeth out in the dark sound that makes the hair on the
back of your neck stand up.  This did not have that and was too fast paced.

Also ruled out gators, it's within their range too.