Re: New Sennheiser mic and frogs

Subject: Re: New Sennheiser mic and frogs
From: Geoff Sample <>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:21:41 +0000
> Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:08:27 -0800
> From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
> Subject: RE: Re: New Sennheiser mic and frogs
>
> Nice to see you back too Geoff :-)
>
> The frog chorus certainly takes me back home, the frog chorus sounds on y=
our
> website sound like a fleet of these American Hawk helicopters!!
>
> Incredible, I had forgotten the sound of our frog! I am spoilt since my
> arrival here with so many frogs and toads to pick from although up here i=
> Seattle we are not as blessed as Walt in Georgia..
>
> Was that our crow calling on the single frog call?
>
> I like your website pal, great stuff :-)

> Martyn

Hi Martyn

Thanks for the feedback. Yep, once you get a few in chorus, it's a pretty
amazing mechanical throb.

On the single frog cut: v. close, of the crow family - a rook. But hey
you're on a roll. The slowed hummingbird ID was most impressive. Have you
ever come across the Mediterranean Sylvia warblers? Sardinian, Eastern &
Western Subalpine, Spectacled, Marmora's and Dartford Warblers - these are
real testers for song ID even at normal speed. All are fast chittery/rattly
warbles with a few sweet whistles thrown in. When I first heard them I just
reckoned they were impossible to separate; but if you get well tuned in, yo=
can get them.

Best wishes, Geoff.

Geoff Sample

Wildsong Studios
Northumberland, UK
http://www.wildsong.co.uk

This month's feature on common frogs:
http://www.wildsong.co.uk/monthly_feature.html

'Music is everywhere if only we had the ears to listen'. John Cage