RE: no sound, but id from feather photo

Subject: RE: no sound, but id from feather photo
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:05:19 -0800
OK Mike
I put this out to a birding group and 19 said Mourning dove, 9 said Blue
jay. So I recon Mark you would be right :)
Unfortunately this was one of the replies in favour of the mourning dove :(

< Mourning Dove.
The coverts have a spot just off to the side. I hunt them every September
and those look like tail and upper covert feathers of a Mourning Dove. Cats
love them...thank goodness for the overkill of breeding they provide.>

Like I said, this is a birding group for the love of birds!

Martyn :)

Martyn Stewart
http://www.naturesound.org
Make every Garden a wildlife Habitat