Re: The SongFinder

Subject: Re: The SongFinder
From: Lang Elliott <>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:14:28 -0500
To members of the Nature Recordist's group who live in Europe and Australia=
,
and anywhere else outside the US:

I'm putting up this message because I need some advice. First some
background:

With the help of an engineer, I have developed a special device to help
birders who suffer from high frequency deafness. It is called the
"SongFinder" and it takes high-pitched bird and other nature sounds and
lowers them into a pitch range where the user can once again hear them. It
is a binaural device and it is an absolutely unique solution to a common
problem. Read about the device here:

http://www.naturesound.com/songfinder/songfinder.html

I think I've already described the SongFinder on the Nature Recordist's
e-mail group. So pardom me if this seems like a repeat effort.

We have many very happy users and I am one of them. Due to an accident with
firecrackers when I was a child, I became severely high-frequency deaf and =
cannot hear anything above around 3500 Hz. With the help of the SongFinder
and similar devices I've developed over the years, I have been able to trac=
down a huge number of birds that I otherwise would not hear at all, and mak=
excellent recordings of them. Hence my success with NatureSound Studio.

My question is "How do I make the SongFinder known to the non-US and
especially the European birding market?"

We really want to get the word out and we're willing to send units for
testing to influential birders who have high frequency deafness.
Unfortuntely, we only sell SongFinders direct right now. Our profit margin
is low and we cannot currently afford to wholesale the units. But this migh=
change in the future.

Can anyone offer some solid recommendations about how to get the word out
about the SongFinder to birders who do not live in North America?

Lang

Lang Elliott
NatureSound Studio
PO Box 84