Re: Using soundfile resource forks

Subject: Re: Using soundfile resource forks
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 13:08:50 -0600
At 2:58 PM -0500 3/27/04, Lang Elliott wrote:
>I'll look into this Rob.
>
>I think the best solution may be on the horizon and will accompany the
>adoption of Broadcast Wave as an audio standard across the board. I know
>that the PEAK development crew has received many requests for BWAV support
>along with the BWAV metadata field referred to as BEXT. ProTools already
>handles BWAV and reads the metadata.
>
>I have many files where I've put basic informatin in the Mac Finder's
>"comment field". This works fairly well for OS 9, but I've found the comme=
nt
>field in OS X to be very unstable. For instance, if I save files to CD-ROM=
,
>or DVD-ROM from my OS 10.2.8 eMac, the OSX comments are lost (while the
>Classic comments remain with the files). Doesn't make very good sense, huh=
?

>Lang

I'm not hopeful that commercial products will provide a solution
because they usually sell dependency on their software. The ability
for any user to be able to access data embedded into a soundfile
regardless of platform/system/app is what I find most interesting.
Don't you think SDII, BEXT, ID3 tags on MP3's, all such formats/forks
should be doable? Rob D.

  =3D =3D =3D =3D