RE: Beginner

Subject: RE: Beginner
From: Jeff and Crystal Smith <>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:01:40 -0800 (PST)
Thanks Martyn!  I'll remind you!  The sounds of the Sandhill Cranes this week
wound me up to take action and get some recording equipment.  The 20+ east
migration route Whooping Cranes should be coming through our area in about a
month.

As I consider a mic, the ME67 seems to be a good choice for what I perceive I
need.  Most instances I find good lighting and sit by a log or tree.  I will
hike as far from all "human" sounds as I can and sit.  I'm thinking the ME67
will be easy to carry on my backpack with my camera gear.  A MD recorder would
fit into my vest pocket while walking.  I'd probably use a cheap set of ear
phones to listen to what is being recorded.

I have a way to mount the Mic on my camera tripod to point it in any direction.
 If Height is a big consideration some minor modifications would make that
possible as well.

Thanks for all the information.  Now to make the plunge, and more importantly
earn my wifes blessings!  LOL

God Bless,
Jeff

Jeff and Crystal Smith