Re: Introduction; Mystery Sound

Subject: Re: Introduction; Mystery Sound
From: Marty Michener <>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:58:40 -0500
At 01:20 PM 2/15/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>It has been a year or two since I was on this list.
>On my web site I've recorded a number of bird and animal sounds.  They're
>all MP3 files; I hope that's considered acceptable.
>
>I have a mystery mp3 file at
>http://www.townisp.com/~jerry.berrier/mystery.mp3
>I think it's squirrels, but I'm really not sure.  I recorded it with my Bird
>Bug" mike which is permanently mounted on the back of my house and wired
>into my sound card through a mixer.
>
>Jerry Berrier

Hi Jerry:

Nice web site - I have never recorded or heard anything like your mystery
sound.  The rich multi-harmonic descending pitch section sounds like other
Blue jay calls I have, but never this one.  Like Mark, I also assign a low
probability to gray squirrel, but have no other likely candidate, except
blue jay.

my best regards,

Marty Michener
Hollis, NH    http://www.EnjoyBirds.com

"Americans have not learned the difference between yield and loot."
- from "Theme of plant and animal destruction in economic history",
1938, by Carl O. Sauer