Re: M&S Decoding

Subject: Re: M&S Decoding
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:57:24 -0600
>Dear All,
>
>Can anybody direct me to any previous discussions on how , if at all
>possible, can I set up CEP 2 or Audition to decode M&S files.
>
>Also does anybody know of ant decent DX plug ins that do the business.
>
>Roger C Boughton

There are plugs that do it but none I've tried are more flexible than
what I can do in a simple multi-track track mixing app like ProTools
Free (PTF).

Save your interleaved stereo .wav file as a Split Stereo file. Place
the left (mid) channel in Track #2 of  PTF.  Place the Right (side)
channel in tracks 1 and 3 of PTF. Pan Tracks 1 and 3 hard left and
right.  Pan track #2 in the middle.  Match the levels at desired
output on Tracks 1 and 3 and experiment with how much Track 2
Mid-gain produces the stereo image you want. The volume of the middle
will affect the image on the sides too. You may like that you can
insert some EQ that differs from the sides and middle too. Rob D.

--
Rob Danielson
Film Department