Re: CD-R lifetimes (again)

Subject: Re: CD-R lifetimes (again)
From: Jeremiah Moore <>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 13:34:30 -0800
Recently I found this faq (linked, I believe, from Kodak):
http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq07.html

It's worth noting there are some real reasons for certain discs to be
more reliable than others.  Specifically, the mitsui golds with
inkjet printable layer - the gold reflective layer is highly
resistant to oxidation, and the inkjet printable coating atop the
disc provides more protection from physical and chemical damage.
These are probably the most expensive CDRs you can buy.

For everyday stuff I use taiyo yuden.

I'd really like some good info on which DVD-Rs archive best.  I'm
backing up stuff to them daily, with fingers crossed.  Also using
taiyo yudens.

-jeremiah