Playback ethics

Subject: Playback ethics
From: "Daniel De Granville - Fotograma" <>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:15:10 -0300
Hi, Oryoki and everyone else.

I would like to know a bit more about these restrictions regarding field
playback to attract birds. I do know the basics, but is there an "ethics
code" or something like that, specific for field playbacks?

My specific interest on the subject was brought up by the fact that, within
a couple of weeks, I will be moving to the Pantanal of Brazil to run an
ecotourism facility. We expect to receive groups of birders there. I have
guided several birding groups before, but they usually had their own
specialized guides who took care of everything (including the way to deal
with wildlife). Now that I'll manage the place, I would like to have
substantial info in order to coordinate the birding groups in a proper
manner, seeking for a balance between tourist's experiences and respect for
the environment.

Thanks, all the best,

Daniel De Granville

Bonito, MS, Brazil