Pardon my excitement

Subject: Pardon my excitement
From: Aaron Ximm <>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:05:00 -0800 (PST)
I don't want to flog an as yet unborn horse,

...but minidisc.org is now reporting that Sony staffers at CES are
confirming that Hi-MD recordings made through the line input (as well as
the mic input) on their new Hi-MD portables will be eligible for
high-speed upload to the PC (presumably drag-and-drop?  I hope so.)

This is exactly what I was hoping for as I use an outboard preamp... now
I'll be able to record 90 minutes of PCM on a disk via line-in, then
transfer at USB(2?) rates... bwahahaha!  I can't wait.  The last teeny
detail would be if you can also record/upload into the optical input...

(I'm actually going to try to get Sony to lend me a beta unit for a trip
I'm taking in Feb-Mar... any ideas on who to ask?)

 best
  aaron

  http://www.quietamerican.org