RE: Equipment suggestions

Subject: RE: Equipment suggestions
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 11:39:14 -0800
I use a variety of recording options Robby, PCM-1 Dat, Marantz Solid state
PMD-670. Tascam DAP-1, HHB MP500 Portadisk and various small minidisks
including the amazing little Sharp MD-DR7.

I am a PC and a Mac user but to edit I use Adobe Audition (formally
Cooledit) on the PC.

The recorder I use the most is probably still the Portadisk, I still prefer
the minidisk option because of the size of the disks. I was an owner of the
PMD-690 and decided to upgrade to the PMD-670 (although now I would say thi=
is a downgrade because of the plastic feel to the new machine). Solid state
recorders are a great option and especially using Compact flash cards, but
if you are like me and you record huge segments, to download and monitor a =
1
Gig card is very time consuming and you also have to a degree a risk of
loosing ALL of your data as I did once.

Compact Flash cards are extremely inexpensive these days and I still prefer
to use a 520 Meg card and of course when you connect to your computer your
transfer is instant. You can use uncompressed data with the recorders too.

When I get off my arse one day, I will put up various sound clips from all
my recorders on my web site for your information.

Hope this helps mate :-)

Martyn

http://www.naturesound.org <http://www.naturesound.org/>

  _____=20