Re: Which Parabola?? little help plz, decision time.

Subject: Re: Which Parabola?? little help plz, decision time.
From: "jalink2003" <>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 18:09:36 -0000
Hi Klas,
    I have sent you an Email in private because It discusses prices
etc.  The prices you quoted, what do the translate out to be in U.S.
Currency?  I would surly like to make a deal with you.
I am NOT sure if I want the plug in power because I want to keep
this Unit as cordless, and portable as possible.  The Mic you
mentioned, "cardioid" <----- Is this the twin science Mic?
John

--- In  Klas Strandberg
<> wrote:
> What your hear is a telinga PRO10, a model made to run on plug in
power and
> a cardioid facing inwards into the dish. No base filter. Filtering
is made
> afterwards.
>
> If you need to monitor speech, not record and filter, I can make a
modified
> PRO10 for you, with a reasonably sharp base filter. The cheapest
head phone
> amp is a minidisc recorder.
> Get back to me asap, as in January the order list starts growing
and delay
> time can be 3 monts or even more for such specially designed
products. Price
> complete would be 9900 SEK complete with carry case + 600 for
shipping.

> Best wishes,
>
> Klas.
>
> At 21:39 2003-12-20 -0000, you wrote:
> >Thanks Klas,
> >    I just now saw and listened your attached files you sent.
The
> >second recording is a HUGE Difference in sound quality.  What
> >Telinga Model was that in the second recording?  Very nice!
> >I looked into the Big Ear thing, and it is just a little to
> >clumsy/heavy for me I think.  I don't think the Teling's come
with
> >headphones, I was wondering if you had any specific
recommendations
> >there?
> >Thanks again.
> >John
> >

> >--- In  Klas Strandberg
> ><> wrote:
> >> If you focus on sports, go for the BIGEAR and a suitable
> >microphone. It is
> >> clumsy and heavy and no good for the nature recordist, but
could
> >do well in
> >> your case.
> >>
> >> Small parabols like Gibson and Telinga will help, but not much.
> >Didn't I
> >> send a sound file to you, comparing the two? If not, please get
in
> >touch and
> >> I'll do it. www.telinga.com
> >>
> >> The stereo DATmic is not the best for human sounds. Twin
Science
> >is better.
> >>
> >> That Gibson "magnifies 75X" is stupid. I would never try to
sell a
> >Telinga
> >> with such an argument.
> >>
> >> Klas /Telinga.

> >I don't
> >> know which one is best for the way I plan to use it.

Communication??

> >there is much
> >> more to them then meets the eye.  That is why I have come here
> >ask a few
> >> people with experience in the instruments for a few
> >recommendations before I
> >> shed out the cash.  I am Not a handyman, so I don't want to
build
> >anything.

> >I would
> >> like to keep it under 1500 Dollars.

> >Gibson P229,
> >> or P650, Telinga Pro Universal ME Series, or Telina Pro 5
Stereo